Any business or non-profit organization with an interest in the objectives of this organization shall be eligible to apply for membership. Applicant should be able to provide evidence of steps they are currently taking to help protect our planet. Recycling, low wattage lighting, telecommuting, use of recycled paper products, and reduced use or elimination of plastic products are just a few examples of steps to help our planet.
Recycling and low wattage bulbs are a great start, but we also encourage our members to discover all the possibilities and advantages that are available to help their business and our planet. The Las Vegas Green Chamber of Commerce endorses two Green Certification programs to educate our members, help them improve upon their current efforts to help our planet, and help make their businesses more sustainable and profitable.
Conservation District of Southern Nevada has developed a Partnership program that takes you through several levels from Partnership to Certified, with 3 different levels - Bronze, Silver, and Gold at the Certified level.This program will help businesses and organizations to gauge and communicate progress towards environmental sustainability. To learn more about this program Click Here
or go to www.cdsn.org
Greener World Solutions LLC, is a Certified Green Consulting and Green Certification Service. That will provide you with an online assessment and a live audit to ensure what you claim is true. This will help your business/organization to a greener sustainable path for the future. To sign up please click on our logo, or for more info and instructional video on how our certification works click on www.ecopath.me
greener world, safer planet, cleaner future
Both certification programs are endorsed, and strongly encouraged,
but are not required for membership.
Applications for membership shall be on-line, by completing the Join Here section. Upon receipt of information and payment of first year dues, the applicant will be contacted by the Las Vegas Green Chamber of Commerce to verify steps taken by applicant to help our planet.
All members of the Las Vegas Green Chamber of Commerce pledge to practice green measures in the operation of their businesses by making an ongoing effort to conserve energy and all other natural resources while conducting their businesses using the minimum amount of toxic or hazardous materials.
Among the recommended ways to achieve these goals are the following:
- Whenever feasible and affordable, use clean and renewable energy, in particular solar, wind, micro-hydro, and geo-thermal power
- Make the best possible effort to take advantage of the sun for lighting and heating
- Use energy efficient lighting, heating, and air-conditioning
- Make the best possible effort to conserve energy by avoiding excessive heating and air-conditioning,
- Install energy-efficient appliances, heating, and air-conditioning systems when appliances and systems are replaced
Reduce fossil fuel consumption:
- Make best possible effort to reduce fossil fuel consumption in transportation by obtaining the most efficient vehicles the business can afford and by encouraging employees to use mass transit, carpools, and bicycles, and allow the maximum feasible amount of telecommuting
- Implement a recycling program for paper, bottles, cans, aluminum, recyclable glass and plastic
- Recycle all used fluorescent light bulbs, electronic equipment, used batteries, used oil, and other recyclables, including food and other biological waste
- Use recycled paper, or paper with at least 20 percent post-consumer recycled content, including paper towels and toilet paper
- Use available and developing technology and conservation efforts to reduce consumption of water
- Use low-flow toilets, faucets, hoses, and other water-conservation techniques where applicable
- Avoid to the greatest extent possible the use of toxic chemicals, synthetic herbicides, pesticides, or other chemicals that harm the environment and the health of all living beings.
Support Green Businesses
- To the greatest extent possible, make purchases from firms that provide clean and green products and services.